CPF Housing Grants for ECs
These are the CPF Housing Grants available for Executive Condominium (EC) purchases from developers:.
- Family Grant
- Half-Housing Grant
|Average gross monthly household income of all persons in application, i.e. applicants and occupiers||Family Grant||Half-Housing Grant
If you are a first-timer (FT) SC and your co-applicant is a second-timer (ST) who has previously taken 1 housing subsidy, i.e. FT/ ST couple
|Singapore Citizen (SC/ SC) Household||SC/ Singapore Permanent Resident (SC/ SPR) Household|
|$10,000 or lower||$30,000||$20,000||$15,000|
|$10,001 to $11,000||$20,000||$10,000||$10,000|
|$11,001 to $12,000||$10,000||Nil||$5,000|
|$12,001 to $14,000||Nil||Nil||Nil|
You will be considered a first-timer applicant if you have not received any housing subsidy from HDB, which means that you must not:
- Be the owner of a flat bought from HDB
- Have sold a flat bought from HDB
- Have taken the CPF Housing Grant to buy an EC, Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat or an HDB resale flat, or taken over ownership of such a flat or EC
- Have transferred the ownership of a flat bought directly from HDB, or an HDB resale flat bought with a CPF Housing Grant
- Have ever taken other forms of housing subsidy, such as Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme benefits or privatisation of HUDC estate
You can apply for the Citizen Top-Up of $10,000 when a qualifying member of your SC/ SPR household obtains Singapore citizenship. You need to submit your application to HDB within 6 months of being eligible for it.
The Citizen Top-Up is a $10,000 housing subsidy that is given to eligible Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident (SC/SPR) households when a qualifying household member becomes a Singapore Citizen.
It is available to any of the following SC/SPR households who have:
- Paid a premium of $10,000 for the purchase of an HDB flat direct from HDB
- Taken a CPF Housing Grant for Family which was $10,000 lesser than an SC/SC household for the purchase of a resale HDB flat or a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat or an Executive Condominium (EC).
It is only distributed to:
- The original SC applicant/ owner, or
- The SC spouse who was previously an SPR (if listed as an owner)
An SC/SPR household will qualify for the Citizen Top-Up in any of these instances:
- The SPR spouse originally listed in the flat application obtains Singapore Citizenship status
- An SC child is born to the SC applicant/ owner and spouse originally listed in the flat application
- The SPR parent/ child/ sibling* originally listed in the flat application obtains Singapore Citizenship status
* Conversion of sibling to SC to qualify for the Citizen Top-Up applies only to flats purchased under the Orphans Scheme and Non-Citizen Spouse Scheme.
You must submit your application within 6 months of being eligible for the Citizen Top-Up.
Application for Citizen Top-Up
You can apply for your Citizen Top-Up via this e-Service.
Please note that the Citizen Top-Up can only be used for approved purposes, and that there are further conditions that apply when it is distributed. You may also like to view our sample computations to see who receives the Citizen Top-Up in different scenarios.
You can apply for the CPF Housing Grant when booking your EC with the developer.
CPF Housing Grants are fully credited into the CPF Ordinary Accounts of eligible Singapore Citizen (SC) applicants. No cash is disbursed.
|Type of Applicants||Distribution of Grant|
|Sole SC applicant||Full grant|
|Joint SC applicants (husband and wife)||Half of the full grant each|
|FT/ST couple||Full grant given to the SC FT, who must be a co-applicant|
|Multi-nuclei SC applicants, such as:
||Grant given only to a maximum of 2 applicants who are husband and wife|
The CPF Housing Grants can be used to:
- Offset the balance downpayment for the EC and subsequent payments towards the purchase price
- Reduce the mortgage loan for the EC
The grant cannot be used for the minimum cash downpayment (if any) and monthly mortgage instalment payments.
The grant will also be included in the computation of the CPF withdrawal limit.
Mr O (SC) and Mrs O (SPR) have booked an EC unit. Both of them have never taken any housing subsidy and their monthly household income at the point of application is $10,500.
|Grant Type||CPF Housing Grant (SC/SPR Household)|
|Conditions||Income Ceiling||$10,001 to $11,000|
|Previous Housing Subsidies||First-timer couple with no previous housing subsidies|
A grant of $10,000 will be fully disbursed to Mr O, the sole SC applicant. Subsequently, if Mrs O obtains Singapore citizenship or the couple has an SC child, they may apply for the $10,000 Citizen Top-Up.